Sunday, March 13, 2011

Long Overdue Update, Volume 2

Hair School!  I started hair school last November and I am loving it!  I found the best school and I can't wait to be certified and to start working!
Christmastime this year brought a giant Christmas tree, footie pajamas, and a fun dinner experiment.  It was a great holiday.  It was our first Christmas away from our families, but that didn't stop us from the regular festivities.
We opened our stockings first thing in the morning.  Craig woke me up at about 8:00 and I think he had already been up for about two hours because he was so excited.
Craig's mom made this awesome quilt out of his old t-shirts.  Now our two twin beds in the guest bedroom are sporting his and hers t-shirt quilts.  Thanks everyone for all of the awesome Christmas presents including an amazing grill from Craig's parents that now gets used at least weekly.
We decided to go all out for dinner and attempted a crown rack of lamb a la Alton Brown.  It turned out great and was a lot of fun to make, but I soon learned that I don't love the taste of lamb by itself.   But it sure looked pretty!
For New Years we partied it up with our pal Bill Cosby at the local Indian casino.  Live music, all-you-can-eat buffet, and free caricatures.  It was a great time.
HOBBES!  Meet the newest member of our family.  We love our new little guy and he keeps a entertained constantly.
This is a typical sleeping position.  He follows us around the house and loves to have his belly rubbed.  I think he may be more puppy than kitten.
For Valentine's day we made heart shaped pizzas that were delicious!  Though unfortunately they turned out to be the down fall of our oven.  Turns out that 500 degrees for over an hour can sometimes melt the temperature gauge in an old oven. 
Who doesn't love a good fort?  I think any movie is better when you watch it under a tent made of blankets.
Superbowl!  We had a blast with some pals watching the big game and eating some yummy grub.
Thanks for your delicious nachos, Liz!
Next we are looking forward to an awesome trip coming up in May.  We're going with my parents on a cruise to the Mediterranean!!!  How awesome is that?  More to come later . . .

2 comments:

Brittany said...

holy cow! you just knocked out six months! wow!

i forgot to tell you last week that i took your idea and made a fort for wyatt one night. it was a blast! though, looking at your pictures, yours is far better than ours. thanks for the idea!

oh, and please don't wait as long to post pics from your trip in may. i want to see instantaneously!

Ruth said...

WOW...you guys are busy! We make forts to watch movies too!! Too funny...i love it !!