Oregon has the most beautiful hiking trails ever! This week I had the awesome opportunity to go to Girls Camp with my new stake. I was a cabin mom over the 2nd girls who are all about 13 years old and so hilarious. They were such a fun group and they kept telling cheesy jokes like, "What do you call a no eyed deer? . . . No idear!" That one was my favorite. Wednesday was "Hike Day" and our ward went on the most gorgeous hike to Mulnomah Falls that followed the running water and was shaded almost the entire time. I always fell to the back of the group because I kept stopping to take so many pictures because everywhere I looked was one fantastic view after another (Craig thinks these pictures are fake, but they're real!). All of the girls kept laughing at me because I was so wide-eyed the entire time. I loved it and I can't wait to go back and see where the other trails lead.




Multnomah Falls is the second highest year-round waterfall in the United States so it is super tall! I was told that July is when the water is lowest, but that earlier in the spring there is so much water that I would have been soaked if I stood where I took this picture. Wow!
Our camp site had the best access to the river and this is where the girls spent most of their free time. It was so relaxing to just sit in an innertube and slowly float down the river.






2 comments:
Young womens already???
Alright, you have me convinced now. Justin and I have to come out there atleast for the hiking. Those are beautiful pictures. It's nothing like that here.
Post a Comment