Thursday, November 19, 2009

October and November Recap

It's hard to believe that Craig and I have been in Oregon for almost 6 months now! It's feeling like home now too which is great. We can even get to most places without our GPS (given to Craig by his fantastic parents), which has saved our buns more times than we can count. We've even had our first guests! My parents came out to visit a few weeks ago and we got a chance to show them all of our favorite places in Oregon (that we've found so far). We had so much fun with them here and I'm so happy that they were able to come out and visit.
So here are a few things that we have been doing lately:
~ Video Games Live concert. What? That exists? Which is exactly what I said when Craig told me where we were going. But it was actually really fun! The Oregon Symphony played all of the music and they did a fantastic job. I would never even recognize some of the music as video game music and I would even call some of the songs beautiful. My favorite part was when they had a kid come up on stage to play Guitar Hero in front of everyone. The challenge: he had to get 100,000 points on level hard in order to win the prize. His response: I want to do expert. He proceeded to almost double the needed score on the hardest level in front of the whole audience with the Symphony playing all of the notes that he it. How cool.
~ OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). How cool is this place! For those of you who have never been to the OMSI, you need to buy a plane ticket right now and come spend a day with us at this awesome museum! Craig's work had a "field trip" day at the OMSI with spouses and family (thanks Stockamp!) and we had a great time spending time with everyone there. Right now they have an exhibit called SCREAM! which focuses on the science of fear. For one of the activities, they strap you into this contraption and capture your expression while you fall. Then it tells you by your facial expressions how scared you were. We also went to the Beatles laser light show. I could have spent all weekend at this place - it is so cool!
~ My Birthday! I had a great birthday last week! I was bummed that I had to work most of the day, but it still turned out to be a great day. At one point, the who
le bookstore even sang happy birthday to me. Customers too! And my fantastic husband made a delicious meal for me and some great friends that we had over to celebrate with us (they brought some great food too). They were even willing to be our guinea pigs for a Good Eats recipe that we have been wanting to try. Thanks guys! It may have looked like a bit light a giant slug, but it was delicious!
Now Craig and I both are looking forward to the holidays and to seeing both of our families. I absolutely love this time of year and I can't wait to spend it with those that we love most!

1 comment:

Loni said...

Becky, that is so funny that you didn't know people could leave comments, haha! It looks like you guys have been having fun. Brandon is going to freak out when he see's what you guys made from Good Eats! That recipe looks so yummy! We'll have to tell you a funny story about how Brandon tried to make beef wellington once. Can't wait to see you guys!!!