Thursday, June 25, 2009

Automobile formerly known as Car

Filed under: Day to Day — iamcraigman @ 11:02 pm

This is what happens when you combine a low car with a large Durango and very slushy roads.


Luckily, everyone was okay. Except for maybe the groceries that were in our “trunk.” After we got out of our cars, the driver of the Durango asks, “was that soup that hit our windshield?”

One Pound Challenge

Filed under: Day to Day — iamcraigman @ 10:57 pm

We went to Fudruckers the other day – home of the “One Pound Challenge.” The idea is that if you eat a milkshake, fries, and a one-pound burger then you get your name up on the wall of fame. I don’t think it was much of a challenge for Craig though. He ate it all in just over 19 minutes and then went on to finish my milkshake too. Wow.

Potsticker Adventure

Filed under: Day to Day — iamcraigman @ 10:45 pm


Lately I have been addicted to the Food Channel, especially at night when they have all of the cooking challenge shows. It’s entertaining and informative. I love it. We were watching Good Eats the other day and they made potstickers which immediately looked delicious. Craig and I love the frozen potstickers from the store, but we decided to get ambitious and make our own. After all, they made it look pretty simple on TV. Ours turned out really good! Although we already have alterations planned for attempt number two.
potstickers-0031

Vegas

Filed under: Vacation — iamcraigman @ 10:26 pm

Craig and I went to Vegas for the BYU Bowl Game. BYU may have lost, but we still had a blast in Vegas. It was my first time to Vegas without just passing through, so I had a ton of fun just walking up and down the strip. We went to the Wax Museum and ate at a super delicious buffet at the Paris. And I made Craig stop and watch the Bellagio Fountains with me every time we were remotely near them. They were awesome! My first trip to Vegas was definitely a fun one.

January 1, 2009

Stewart Falls

Filed under: Day to Day — iamcraigman @ 11:23 am
Craig and I had such a fun time hiking Stewart Falls over the summer on one of his visits home from Wyoming. While I absolutely love hiking, I have slight hesitations about walking on unsteady ground. Craig leaped fearlessly across the steep rocky inclines while I scooted across on my bum. I came away with very dirty pants, but it was still a blast.




December 31, 2008

The Start of a New Year and a Look at the Last

Filed under: Day to Day — iamcraigman @ 10:50 pm

Just getting ready for the new year. I am not sure where the year will take us, but I am excited where Becky and I will go.

Here is a little recap of what happened to us for the past year.

Becky and I were engaged in April to be married in August. During that time Becky stayed in Provo, Utah to plan the wedding and to work at Namifiers. I went to Sheridan, Wyoming to do my internship for Emit Water Discharge Technology.

We were married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple on August 22. We spent our honeymoon in Salt Lake City and Cancun, Mexico. The worst part about the honeymoon was we forgot our digital camera in the car, so no good pictures. We had a great time in Mexico. We laid on the beach, swam in the sea, saw Chichen Itza and ate tacos.

After the honeymoon, I started my senior year in Information Systems at Brigham Young University, and Becky started a hair apprenticeship at Studio 210. The biggest moment of the school year was receiving a call from Stockamp Associates. Stockamp offered me a job to work in Portland Oregon. Becky and I will be moving there in June. We are both excited for that big step.

That is the quick recap of the year. We are excited for the new year and the surprises of the future.

No comments: